Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Iceberg!

Driving into St. John’s today to run some errands we saw that the clouds were doing some pretty great things.

Had a bit of time to kill between dropping off our grant application and another appointment so we headed out to Cape Spear for a little walk.

Looking North

Iceberg! Don’t laugh, I know its small. In the middle of this picture, there’s a little white spec, that is my first iceberg. To Newfoundlanders this is probably no big deal but I’m pretty excited; I've been waiting for the icebergs and I’ve been told by locals that there have not been icebergs around St. John’s for a number of years. Even though this one is relatively small I think/hope it means more are on the way. Also this is blurry because its a handheld shot. The part of the berg above the water looked about the size of a fishing boat.

Looking South

Being the most easterly point in Canada, Cape Spear has had strategic significance in the world wars. These structures remain from WWII.



We got in before anyone else made footprints today.


No comments: